In light of the anticipated strong winds on Saturday, a decision on the racing schedule will be announced at 1815 this evening. This announcement will be broadcast here, and on the events’ official notice board.

As event organisers, we continue to monitor a wide range of forecast models to ensure that we make the most informed decision possible to ensure fair racing for the fleet and the safety of the race management officials on the water.

Currently, the majority of the forecast models are predicting wind gusts in excess of 30 knots, which we feel would be too high to race and above the safety mark for the race management officials.

This will be reviewed again following the next model run prior to the 1815 announcement.

If the weather forecast allows, we intend to run a full schedule of races on Sunday.

The attention of owners, skippers and crew is drawn to NOR 15.1- Yacht racing can be dangerous. RRS Fundamental Rule 3: ” The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone“.

Further update 1815